The Polyphony launched in September 2018 and our catalogue of new content is growing rapidly.
While The Polyphony is developing you can also explore archive posts from our old blog centreformedicalhumanities.org.
30 July 2019 / Sarah SpenceBarbara Hargreaves reflects on saintly suffering and medical failures in twelfth-century religious works about saints. Mabel of Stotsfield, a nun at the priory at Chicksands
29 July 2019 / Fiona JohnstoneMarie Allitt reviews the workshop ‘Sensing the Machine-Body Interface’, hosted by the Science Museum on 11th July 2019. Have you ever listened to the beat
- Graphic Medicine en abyme: drawing sketching-as-therapy in Ellen Forney’s "Marbles"
- “Don’t tell me I’m mad. This is the truth”: archiving Audrey Amiss’s life as an artist and mental health patient
- Fact, Fiction and Phenomenology
- Going Global? Recovery Stories and Autobiographical Power in the 21st Century
- Care-crafting and creative nursing: HIV/AIDS histories and the rise of person-centred care